Thursday, November 18, 2010

What Possesions were Ancient Egyptian Pharoahs Buried with?

      Like I told you about in my earlier postings you probably know that Egyptians are buried with canopic jars and a book of the dead. Though did you know that the Egyptians were buried with their favorite possessions. I'm glad they don't do that now because I doubt I would be able to fit my first car into my grave. Some things Pharaohs would be buried with is gold, gold, and more gold! Sometimes pharoahs would even get gold artificial fingers and toes to put over their own fingers and toes. Also the Egyptian Pharaohs had a gold covering that resembled their body inside of their sarcophagus. Although it isn't quite as shocking as what somepeople in ancient Mesopotamia did in having people buried with them I still think this is taking it to the extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment